Monday, January 27, 2014

5 Minute Apple Crumb Cake From Wisk Magazine

     


When I complimented the Rebbetzin on the delicious apple cake she laughed and said “Do you know how long it takes me to make that cake? Five Minutes.” And, that’s how the title for this recipe was born. When I retested this recipe in my own kitchen, it was my very first time baking with apple pie filling-I will never pass judgment on pie fillings again! Thank you Rebbetzin Shoshana Safrin for graciously sharing one of your prized recipes with me. 



Ingredients for the dough:



3 ½ cups flour

3 ½ teaspoons baking powder

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

2 eggs

1 cup oil

1 21 oz can apple pie filling

Preheat the oven to 350◦ F. Mix all of the dry dough ingredients first, then add liquids and divide dough in half. Spread half the dough smoothly on bottom of a 9x13 baking sheet. Gently spread the apple pie filling over the dough layer.
Grate the remaining dough mixture through a hand grater and sprinkle on top of apple pie filling. Bake for one and a half hours, or until top is crisp and golden.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment